American Truck Showrooms - American truck group

Interest Rate

I purchased a truck through this company and after 6 months they reposed my truck stating I was behind on my payments. Not true in fact the same day I made a 1400 dollar payment!

The truck was involved in an accident and took over 3 months for me to get the truck back witch in turn meant no income on top of that the contract states that there is no payment at long as the truck is down as long as it is not my fault and it was not. Stay away from these crooks and by all means if you want to contact me you are welcome to do so or my lawyer.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 30.

American Truck Showrooms - Very bad don't answer my call

Don't have any truck that I want and don't want to gave me my down payment

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 30.

American Truck Showrooms - Scammers, liars and thieves

Interest Rate

We lost totally about 15 thousand dollars and we had no recourse because the contract calls for mediation....This is how they continue to rip off hard working men and women. The maintenance plan is a joke, all they desire to do is get your down payment, even with maintenance plan you have to take what they offer or they take the truck.

We broke down twice on the road under a load. They sent us to a repair shop, authorized the repair and then when the repair shop called to get their half of the payment, suddenly, NO ONE answers the phone...They should just STOP IT!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: these people need to stop selling salvaged trucks they put together in a shop and they need to honor their own agreements....customer service is rude AFTER they get your deposit.

I didn't like: Complete scam.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 03.

Comments

I experienced the same with these crooks. I was able to get $3K back out of what I lost to them, only because they were at fault and they know it. I have contacted an attorney and we are starting a class action lawsuit against ATS/Freedom Trucks.

American Truck Showrooms - Replacement parts

Purchased fender flairs... Order # 16232445 lights on right side fender stopped working... need a replacement light.

Customer made 1 call to the company using contacts on our site.
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 24.

American Truck Showrooms - Company in chapter 11

Interest Rate

This company (also known as ATS, ATG, and affiliates) is in bankruptcy court. Trucks are company assets and could be taken back any day. Assets are already being liquidated. When I received the court mandated court documents involving all parties that have vested interest in the assests(trucks). I simply surrendered the truck. Was not going to let my financial stability rely on a company with NO financial stability of their own. They have closed multiple "dealerships" including the Georgia and Arizona locations. It is an outrage that representatives of American Truck Showroom(ATS, ATG and affiliates) are still accepting funds as deposit towards assets that will not ever be sold to the unknowing customer. THIS IS A RENTAL!!!! You never own these trucks. The owners/partners of America Truck Showroom (ATS, ATG and affiliates) will continue to profit off of your hard earned down payment. While benefiting from the protection of the bankruptcy laws. This is a rental so you have no recourse and the bankruptcy laws do not protect your interests or down payment. Bankruptcy court is public knowledge please do your research.

To the "owner":

No phone number will be given. No communication is necessary or wanted. All the poor reviews on here are accurate. Companies that file chapter 11 do so to change their name and continue to do the same "shady" business practice. Is this the first chapter 11 the investors/owners have filed? I have read all the documents sent to me. There is the possibility of assets being seized. So RENTER BEWARE!!! This a silver tongue "sales" plot to take advantage of people desperate to own their own truck. Just because they have no or low credit. Schneider credit works with the same people and so does loan mountain both are up front and honest. MOST IMPORTANTLY READ THE CONTRACT. PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY WORD. SPEND A FEW DOLLARS AND HAVE A LAWYER READ THROUGH IT WITH YOU THIS COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS. Read all the reviews for this company and understand they have people who write the "good ones". Once again RENTER BEWARE!!!!!

Read about other chapter 11 filings here:

Response from the owner8 hours ago

Yes, this company is in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy and will be coming out of it in the next 30 days.

Once this is over, all the company wants to do is improve and grow.

You mention trucks can be taken back any day, well that would never happen because this company is NOT going through a chapter 7 bankruptcy. If it was, that would be a possibility.

Parties with vested interests include strong buyers who will be confirmed this month.

We are unsure why you would have surrendered your truck, the company is holding all of its contractual obligations with all customers.

We have asked for your phone number so we can talk to you about your review, but without a way to reach you how can we discuss it?

Airlines, oil companies, banks - all have gone through chapter 11 bankruptcies before, and they all made it through, and we are going to make it through ours.

Yes, last year we closed the Atlanta and the Phoenix branch. When you go through a chapter 11, things like that happen and you have to tighten your belt to get past it. However the plans to open another branch at a new location are in the works.

We absolutely do honor our agreement with all customers, and will continue to.

Yes, this is a rental with purchase option. It is similar to a lease only the value of the vehicle will continue to drop with NADA Book value and at the end of the term, there is a small amount due and you own it. We have no intentions of misrepresenting our agreement.

Furthermore, when you are in a chapter 11, there are very strict guidelines that must be followed and the trustee is not going to let anything dishonest happen.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Truck Showrooms Truck Rental.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 08.

American Truck Showrooms - Liars and thives

1.3
Interest Rate

Worst place possible to do business. Don’t sign a contact or pay for the 50/50, they don’t accept it.

They keep your down payment if after you sign you change your mind. Showroom??? There is not a showroom but a lot full of filthy trucks. Their office workers are kept behind locked doors, no longer is there a receptionist, she too cowers in the room where the door is locked.

The crooked owner filed bankruptcy and his daughter Amanda is a salesperson. She can tell lies also. Please reconsider getting a truck from them. We have had this truck since January 2018.

We are in the shop for the 5th time and have spent over $3,000 plus the loss of salary of approx. $800.00 per day. They have paid nothing as agreed on the 50/50 contract.

I am angry, but writing this to hopefully alert anyone who may be going there to purchase a truck. Ask people at the motel about the ATS, they will tell you how sorry they are.

Product or Service Mentioned: Truck.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 25.

American Truck Showrooms - Initial introductory exprience

5.0

American Truck Showrooms has been patient,.. efficient and productive with our two month process in finding the right trucks for me and my company.

One exemplary employer named Nate has been very straightforward,.. very diligent,.. and very honest about the program and the truck selection process and has worked tirelessly and effortlessly in seeking all factors in order to obtain and maintain my complete satisfaction. So regardless of Any reviews, whether positive or negative, it won't hurt to give them a try,..

different strokes for different folks. I haven't gone through the purchase or lease program as of yet, but I'm willing to put down some money, visit the company and get a visual as to what may or may not work for me and go from there. Worst case scenario, I don't like what I see,..I get my down payment refunded,.. and I wasted a few bucks on a flight, hotel, and rental car.

From a positive perspective,.. I needed the trip anyway.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Truck Showrooms Customer Care.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 13.

American Truck Showrooms - Everybody Liars there

Insurance Quality

I drove all the way from Texas to Mississippi Golf and go down there for somebody to play games and say now you rent the truck you not buying it so I went 250 miles of the street and bought a truck for the same down payment they was asking for it to rent a truck and I pay $1,000 a month instead of $700 a week they are a bunch of rip-offs and bunch of Lies everybody down there line and they down with the same thing as scheme 299 scheme this is game cuz they not telling you this when until you get down there to get down they trucks is bull they look like trash they run late trash and they lie about everything about time you get a year paying the truck note for year you pay about $40,000 and still because they want to act like a bank broke *** trucks don't waste your time

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 26, 2017.

American Truck Showrooms - True Reviews

1.2
Interest Rate

I'm not going to go in detail about my experience cause it's the same as I've been reading. I wish i would've read these reviews before I invested my money and dreams into their garbage trucks.

Are people seriously trying to get a class action lawsuit? If so my name is Steven Walker 312 608 8637

Product or Service Mentioned: 2010 Peterbilt 587 Truck.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 13, 2017.

American Truck Showrooms - Down payment

American truckshowroom took my three hundred ten dollars I never fill out appacation they sent one again I never fill it out went on line read all reviews they were just to many negative to read call back to get back my money they (Thomas Norman)said I was not getting back let me say this I been in trucking for over 40year never had this happen to me I amazed how they get away with this co ripe off co an no one does anything if there is any law suit going on please let me no. Nedbishop7@gmail.com thank u

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 25, 2017.